Sixteen is one of the most memorable milestones on the journey of life. Not many women have had the privilege of being 16 years old. But for those who have, it is an occasion worth celebrating. Most people mark their 16th birthday as a special day, and weddings are usually on the agenda. On this special day, it is appropriate to pray for blessings on someone’s life who has turned 16.
Sweet 16 Blessing Prayer
1. It was 16 years ago today When God took his most precious gift Of all the children in this world To love and to hold, He selected you. And so, with this day of all days Upon your sweet 16, I send my most heartfelt blessing upon you. Your day is filled with happiness And joy beyond compare. And may all your wishes and dreams Come true as you grow each and every year. Happy Sweet Sixteen
2. I pray that you will enjoy your Sweet 16 for many years to come. I pray that you may always trust in the Lord and know He will be with you. I pray that you will embrace each day that you are given, courageous enough to face the hardships that may come your way. I ask the Lord to bless you every day of your life. Thank you for being my angel, my treasure, my love…forever!
3. I’m thankful for you every day, but today I think about how much your friendship means to me. You’ve been with me through thick and thin. I am grateful to have you in my life. I love you so much! Happy Sweet 16!”
4. Goddess of infinite love and wonder, we bow in your direction, we pray to thy name. Bless my daughter with so much happiness and love. Let her life be full of joy and wonder. Help her in her endeavors and keep her in thy care.
5. May the Lord bless you on your special day. May he give you all you ask for and more! You are so beautiful on the inside and out, intelligent, funny, caring, thoughtful, it’s hard to list them all. I hope on this special day all your dreams come true.
6. Thank you, God, for blessing my daughter with this wonderful man. Help him to continue to be the best man he can be for her and remind her of your presence in their lives. I pray that God will bless this relationship and make it a happy one with many happy years to come. amen
7. You are my everything, the love of my life. I am so lucky to have you in my life and I just want to say Happy Sweet 16! May God bless you with many many more years of love, happiness, and good health! I love you, honey!
8. God, thank you for this young lady. She is a gift to me from you. Her heart is full of light. Please keep her safe and always let her know how much she means to me. It’s a blessing to love her and be loved by her. Thank you, lord. Amen!
9. Dear God, give her beauty to last throughout the years, intelligence to keep it real, compassion for those who need it most, strength to stand up for what is right, courage to always do what is right, a faith which keeps it all together.
10. I will not ask you to marry me now because you are only 16. I ask that you will continue to grow into the beautiful woman that you are becoming. I will love you no matter what happens. My love is like an ocean; it goes on forever, and I’m lucky enough to be able to cross it!
11. I want to thank god for this wonderful and loving girl. I want to thank god for letting me be next to her and that God let us fall in love with each other. I love you very much, baby girl. Thank you for being in my life.
12. Dear God, Thank you for my mother. Thank you for blessing her with such amazing grace. Help me find those things I can share with her, and help me to not take her for granted. Let us both realize the love we have is a gift from you, and one day we will be blessed with eternity. In your name – Amen.
13. Thank you, God, for blessing my family with a daughter as sweet and pretty as you. On your 16th birthday I would like to ask that you protect her always from harm, give her lots of love and laughter, and may she never lose that wonderful smile on her face. I know you will watch over my baby girl and watch over us all.
14. Lord, you have truly blessed me with an amazing daughter. She is smart, funny, beautiful, and kind. I pray you bless her on this 16th birthday with continued protection over her. Give her wisdom for her decisions in life, the will to learn from her mistakes, and help her to always stay humble. I pray she finds someone who loves her as much as we do and shares his love with her unconditionally.
15. Bless this child always. Her parents love her to the moon and stars. I ask for health, joy, happiness, and love to surround her. May she be forever kind, generous, loving, and beautiful. The Lord has blessed her with many gifts; may He bless her now. May she always remember that You are near to those that call You. May God bless you now and always!
16. Dear God, thank you for blessing me with a daughter as wonderful as my Taylor. She is kind, sweet, smart and so much more. Taylor, you have grown into an amazing young lady and I am so proud of you!
17. My darling, I am writing this prayer as a way to thank God for blessing me with you. You are the light of my life. You are the smile on my face when I wake up in the morning. Love is what makes our life worth living. Your heart is full of love, compassion, and understanding. Love is not what you say or do, but rather it is who you are! Love is simply BEING present with somebody else in their pain or happiness.
18. Lord, I pray you guide Ellie through these next few years and help her understand you. Help her to see your love in every circumstance, the good and the bad. Allow her to feel your presence in her daily life and help her learn to love others as she loves herself. Give her the courage she needs to accomplish all that you have in store for her and give her a heart that knows your love and follows you with all its might.
19. As the Stars fall down across the blue skies, I pray for you on your 16th birthday. As the Sun shines bright upon the red trees, may this day bring you much love and happiness.
Sweet 16 Prayer for Daughter
20. I wish you love, happiness, and peace on your sweet 16th birthday. Please accept this rose as a symbol of my love. I hope that you remember to stay true to yourself while embracing the good in others. Please promise that every morning you will say a prayer thanking God for giving you another day. I am sending you lots of hugs and kisses! Keep smiling and always know how much I love you always and forever
21. Oh God, you gave my daughter such a beautiful smile and such a great sense of humor. She is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met and so sweet and loving. I pray that she will be happy and feel loved always. Keep her safe and keep good things coming her way every day. Nothing but happiness for her. Oh God, please let her be happy …
22. Lord, join our family as we celebrate today my daughter’s 16th birthday. Help us to pour out Your unconditional love upon her this day with big hugs, little kisses, and cards, poems, photos, flowers, and gifts revealing your love for her.
23. Dear heavenly Father, please guide my daughter. Allow her to make wise choices in life and give her wisdom in all her decisions. Please help her to always make you number one in her life. Amen
24. You are so precious to me! I could never ask for a better daughter. You are strong, kind, smart, and beautiful! You give so much of yourself to others without even thinking about yourself. Your future is bright and I am honored to be your mother.
25. Dear God, please give my daughter guidance and strength to know that she is loved and cherished every day of her life. Please let her know that she is beautiful to You, and You have big plans for her future.
26. My darling daughter, I hope you are at peace this morning, resting comfortably in your bed. This day is a special day for you, your sweet 16 birthday. I love you with all my heart. I can’t imagine my life without you! You are the joy of my life!
27. Father, as Sarah approaches the age of sixteen, we ask that you make her heart and mind pure and innocent. Shield her from evil and give her the wisdom to make good choices. Give her the ability to see your work in everything and everyone she encounters. May she trust strongly in you and pursue a walk with you as she faces adulthood and independence.
28. Wow! It’s hard to believe that my little girl is 16 years old! Each year you bring me more joy. I love you so much, and can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us.
29. I thank you for sending me an angel to watch over me. I have been blessed with a perfect daughter that lights up my life in a million ways. She is my little light in the darkness, my sunshine in all times of trouble. She has a heart of gold and a smile that melts my heart. She is the world to me, the most amazing gift from above.
30. God, please guide my baby towards the right choices. Guide her to the best man for her, to one who will love her with all his heart. Allow her the wisdom to understand that by remaining pure, she stays pure. I pray that she will have a happy birthday no matter what choice she makes on this day. Amen.
31. You’ve grown so much but I still see your baby face smiling back at me. I feel so blessed to have gone through this journey with you, to be the one who got to hold you for the first time just to hold you again thirteen years later on your 16th birthday. You are beautiful inside and out. You are the light of my life, my angel baby girl.
32. Oh lord, you are the creator of the universe, but yet so much more than that! You care for us all.
33. You love us. You give us strength when we can’t find it within ourselves. Thank you for the gift of life, the chance to care for another human being, my daughter. Guide her with your light and love. Bless her with good health and happiness always.
34. I pray for my daughter each and every day. I want her to see the good in people, to always know that God is there to guide her. I pray for her health and well-being as she grows older. I pray that she learns to be kind and compassionate as time goes on. I pray for love and happiness because those are the most important things in life.
35. Lord, thank you for this beautiful day. You have made this world so beautiful. You have also made me beautiful to live here! I pray that you keep my daughter protected every day, give her faith to believe in all your great works! Help her be joyful, strong minded, kind hearted, awesome at math almost perfect. Please God help her so she can look back on these years and know that all your love went into everything she did.
36. Dear Lord, I pray that you bless my precious child. I pray that she knows how much she is loved and how lucky she is to have a mother who cares for her so deeply. It wasn’t easy raising her but you have been my backbone and strength during the trying times.
37. Please continue to guide us on the path of your wishes and help us to live a life full of love and compassion towards one another.
38. Lord, I pray you guard and strengthen the faith which is in my daughter Courtney. Help her make good choices when you direct her through your Holy Spirit. Keep her safe when she is away from me and keep her heart pure. Thank you for bringing her into my life and please keep bringing us together daily to know you more and to serve you better.
39. I love you sweet 16 daughter. You are an amazing girl who is loved by everyone, including me. I wish I could protect you from all the things that hurt you, but I can’t. No matter what happens you are loved.
40. Please stay true to yourself and never let the world take that away from you. It’s your life, no one else’s even mine! Please always be yourself. Love always your mother.”