Prayers for the Loss of a Father: If there were a designated prayer for the loss of a father, it would include compensation and comfort, as to reflect that a man who has bestowed the greatest gift a child may receive is to inculcate a good heart from early childhood, impart wisdom from later childhood, and ensure strength from maturity.
Losing a father at an early age is devastating. Whether you lost your father because he passed, or if he left home without warning, it is always difficult. You may not know what to say or act around this child because you do not know their mindset. The listed articles below are things to say when someone lost their father.
Prayers for the Loss of a Father
1. My dear Dad, I wish we had more time together before you passed. I will never forget you and I will never stop missing you. You were such a great man and Father. We all loved you so much and we will continue to keep your spirit with us every day as we live the rest of our lives. We’ll always remember those fun times we spent with you. We love you and we’ll miss you terribly.
2. Today was the day I lost you, my dad. You were like a father to me when no one else would be. You took me in and raised me. I will never forget you. I wish things could have been different. The tears haven’t stopped yet because it’s so hard to lose someone so important. Rest in peace until we meet again Dad, I’ll always love you!
3. My dear friend, I hope you are reading this note during a break in your march towards healing. If you are not, please be assured that it is here for you to read when you are ready. The sky has lost a bit of its color today. Clouds gone grey, skies darkening. And it’s all because your Dad passed. He was one of the good ones. One of the best ones. A man who taught us how to be independent thinkers, and considerate children.
4. My father was the nicest man, I could have ever asked for. He was so loving and devoted to his family. He always smiled and would do anything to help other people out. When my mother died it destroyed him. He slowly withered away until he was gone too. Though he is no longer here, I will forever have his memory to hold on to. I love you, dad!
5. I’ll miss the way you always knew the exact right thing to say, the touch of your hand on my shoulder, your smile. Even at times when I was mad at you, I couldn’t be too mad because I knew that somewhere in there you really did love me. I know you’re in a better place now and free from all the pain and struggles of this earthly life. I still love and miss you today as much as yesterday.
6. I love you. I love you because you are my father, but more so I love you for the man that you are. I have always admired your strength, your integrity, and your compassion. Today, I am mourning the loss of a good man. Our community mourns with us. Your family misses you already but takes comfort in knowing that you are at peace with the Lord.
7. Dad, I have been so sad since you have been gone. You were such a big part of my life and now I feel lost without you. I wish more than anything that you were here with me to share everything that has happened since your passing. I miss you.
8. I love you Dad. I know you are in Heaven with Jesus and Mom. I will be strong for Mom and my brother and sister until we see you again. Thank you for being the best Dad a girl could ask for! In my mind, you can never be replaced because it is impossible to match your kind of love or strength! I will never forget you, nor will Mom or any of us ever stop missing you!
9. Daddy, I love you so much and I miss you so much! I hope you at peace and as happy as can be. This world without you is nothing now. All those memories we made together now just feel like a dream. I wish we could relive those moments over and over again. I miss you and will forever love you.
10. Dad, I will always love you. I know how much you love me and I’ll miss you. You were the best Dad anyone could have ever asked for. I hope you are looking down on us all smiling.
11. Daddy, I will always miss your presence, the way you made me feel safe, secure, and special. I remember how you used to wake me up every morning with a smile. You made even my worst day seem perfect with just one of your hugs or kisses. I look for your blessing in the sky every night before bed. One of your favorites was “The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi”…
12. Daddy hope you are resting in peace. I love you more than you could ever imagine. I am holding on to our past memories. The good-bye hug before work, your voice on the phone tingling my ears, fixing my hair on picture day, the first day of school picture for me, and the first basketball game we ever went to together. I miss you so much! I will see you again one day and we will pick right up where we left off.
Sympathy Prayer for Loss of Father
13. Dear God, please watch over my husband John. He feels no one will understand the pain he’s going through losing his father. Comfort him by reminding him that you love him just as much as he loves you! Help him believe that you will comfort him in your arms, just like he comforted his dad when he was sick. I’m thanking you in advance that no other woman will ever be able to take his place in my life! Thank you for loving me so much
14. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I cannot imagine the heartache and sadness you must be feeling. I do know that your father was a great man and will be terribly missed. I hope that this card and my love can reach you and bring a little comfort and peace through this tragic time in your life. Love, Lora
15. Dear Heavenly Father I’m so sad. I am so sorry our hearts are broken. I miss Mom and Dad so much. Somehow I know they are waiting for us with a big smile and a hug. Thank you for the special people in my life. Thank you for being there when I need you most.
16. Dear God, please help me through this difficult time. It hurts so much. Please take care of my dad and let him know we love him very much. Please take care of us and give us the strength to make it through these tough times. Let our family feel your love and comfort us as only you can. Please be with my Dad and give him peace and let him know that we will continue to love him forever. I will try to be strong for my family, but I need your
17. Heavenly Father, I thank you for the life of William A. Smith Jr. and for all the good things he did in his life. I’d like to ask a special favor though. Will you please look out for his wife and family and help them through this hard time in their lives? Thank you in advance for your help. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
18. I love you, daddy. I know right now your heart is heavy with sadness. Things will get better, love will find its way back into your world, but for now, don’t feel bad about the tears, they are the only way to let go of yesterday and welcome what comes next. Love you daddy.
19. I sit here alone, read your note, hold your ring. It’s not right that you are gone. I miss you more than ever before. I hope there’s a heaven with no more pain for you to endure. I will see you again somehow someday.
20. There are no words to describe how I feel about the loss of my father. He was always very tender and loving with me. He helped teach me what it means to be a good husband one day, just like every father should do with each one of his children. Though he has gone on to Heaven, I am thankful for the many years we had together. My heart goes out to mama, she is very hurt right now so please pray for her.”
21. Father, I am so sorry for your loss. You will always be thought about and loved. I know it hurts, but God is with him right now, and he is in pain no longer. He is out of pain and without worry. It is a beautiful place. Let me remind you that one day we will be in paradise forever with our Heavenly Father again. We will be reunited with loved ones in a beautiful place. Please take comfort in that promise that God will give you peace when the
22. Oh Father, thank you for the time I was blessed to be with you. Thank you for all your love and all your care. Thank you for always being there when I needed you, and for listening to every one of my problems. Please watch over us where ever we may go. For now, you are at peace with mother, please continue to watch over us. We miss you more than words can express, dulling the pain dulls the joy. But may this holiday season be filled with
23. I suddenly lost my dad, who loved and loved me. My heart is broken and nothing can fix it. Please watch over me and give me the courage to carry on and do what needs to be done. Amen
24. I will always love you Dad. I’m so lucky to have had you as a father. Your memory will live on in my heart, and I hope your soul finds peace. Whenever I look at the sky I will see the clouds come together to make the shape of your face, just like you drew for me.
25. I can’t express to you how much I loved, loved, loved your dad. There will always be a huge hole in my heart and my life. I will treasure his memory and will hold it close to my heart forever. My heart aches for you and your family. God bless and keep you and your family and give you strength and courage as you go through the grieving process.
26. I wish I could tell you, but I can’t. I wish I could hold you and tell you that I love you. And I do, so very much. You were such a great father that most men would be jealous. My love for you was one most only dreams of having. But now it is gone and you will never know how much I loved and admired you. Now it is my responsibility to make sure our children know.
Prayer of Comfort for Loss of a Father
27. Father, I know that it may seem to my husband and son that you have left us. I know they’re grieving and hurting. Please console our loved ones and give them strength. Help them to imagine your embrace and feel your love as they remember their dear father. Bless my husband and child with the comfort only you can give, and thank you for letting him live such a long and healthy life.
28. Father, may his family be comforted. So many people have been hurt by this loss. Please help them to find peace and healing in your light. In their time of grief, give them new strength and a renewed hope. In the pain they feel, may your love give them peace.
29. My heart is aching because I lost a wonderful man. A man that taught me how to be a good person. He showed me what it means to be a father and a friend. I will miss him deeply, but the time we have had together has touched my life in a way that I will never forget. He was such an amazing person and he deserves all the love in the world.
30. Dad, I don’t know what happened to you, but I know you are at peace now. I can feel it in my heart. You left me with so many wonderful memories, more love than I could ever imagine, and a reassurance that there is an afterlife somewhere. Mom taught me everything I needed to know about being a woman, but you are the only man that ever showed me how to be a man. I will never forget your amazing hugs, all the times you.
31. Heavenly Father, when I told you that my father was dead, when I felt my soul sink, when I couldn’t breathe, when I couldn’t see the light… that’s when you wrapped your arms around me and reminded me that he is still in my heart. You whispered in my ear, not to cry because all things are possible in your sight.
32. I am a child who has lost a Father. You are a father who no longer walks the earth. At first, I didn’t understand why, but I now know that you wanted me to have a better life. You wanted me to experience eternal happiness and that is something that can never be taken from me. Now, as I stand here looking into the sky at the billions of stars twinkling down on me from above, I want you to know just how much I love and
33. Great father, I know you are in a better place. I will miss your hugs and constantly being told that I am the best daughter in the world. I will always look at my dad as a hero, my hero. If it wasn’t for your hard work and love none of this would be possible. You have taught me a lot of things, including my faith. I will always remember you as a strong individual who overcame many obstacles along the way. Thank you
34. Dad, it’s been years since you’ve left us; yet I still miss you every day. I hope the wind is at your back and that you are riding into heaven on a pair of angels’ wings. We all love and cherish your memory. Have fun with Grandma and Grandpa; they are waiting for you.
35. All of my life I had never known pain. Then one day I decided to become a father, your father. My world was rocked in the worst way possible when I lost you. The worst days of my life were when your body was taken away from me. All I can do is pray that you are happy, that your pain is gone, and that you are somewhere better than here. I love you, daddy!
36. I will never understand why we must say goodbye to the ones we love so much. I never got to give you a goodbye hug or tell you how much I love you. The one thing that keeps me going is the thought that I will see you again one day and we will be together FOREVER in heaven. It is my ultimate comfort knowing that no matter what, we will meet again someday and laugh and cry and talk and laugh and just be together as a family for all time.
37. Father, please take away the hurt and the pain. Wrap your loving arms around us and hold us close. Fill our hearts with happiness to take away this sadness. We love you so much and hope you are watching over us down here. Knowing you are there gives us peace. We have faith in your words of protection and love for us now that Dad is gone.
38. Please Lord, watch over my Dad. And bring him comfort and peace during this time. Send your love to him, there at the hospital far away from home. Please help our family through this difficult time. Comfort us with your loving words, and give us the strength to carry on. We know that he is watching over us, sometimes in unexpected ways. Help us to remember the good times we shared with him; Let us celebrate his life today and nurture our memory of him forever.
39. The pain in my heart has yet to go away. How do I go on without you? You were the best father in the world and in a single moment, your life was taken from us. The love you have for your family is amazing. This loss is a tragedy that I may never get over. You always told me I could do anything I set my mind to and now I carry on your legacy.
40. Dear God, please send your angels to comfort my dad in heaven. Thank you for all the memories he has left me with. I miss him so much! I know my dad is watching down on us and smiling. Every time he sees how happy my family is, just like he smiled when he was alive. Dad, I love you so much and I will never forget everything you’ve taught me.
41. I have known you for 18 years, my whole life. You are so much more than just a father. You are my friend, my mentor, the person I trust the most in this world. I don’t know what to do or say without you. I love you and will miss you always!
42. How does it feel to be so much loved by your family? You are no longer here physically, but you will live forever in our hearts. We all love you so much, and will never stop thinking about you. I believe you are no longer in pain and feel no more sadness. You are now at peace with everyone who has passed before you…
43. I miss you so very much. I wish you had more time on this earth. My heart aches for you, each and every moment; yet I am contented in knowing that you are no longer in pain. You will be forever missed and loved.
- Godly Message For Girlfriend To Make Her Day
- Healing Miracle Prayer To Send To Loved Ones
- Prayer For Inspiration To Your Family And Friends
- End of the Day Prayer for yourself to keep going
- Prayer For My Mom In Hospital To Get Well Soon
- Prayers for the Loss of a Father
- Good Morning Prayer Messages for a Friend