Prayer for Strength and Courage for a Friend: A friend is someone who knows you well, loves you deeply, and can still have fun with you. Friends are honest about your character, integrity, faithfulness, actions, hurts, and flaws. A best friend will encourage you by lifting you in prayer when discouragement or fear sets in. Prayer for strength and courage will help your friends face struggles to reach their potential through your prayers.
There are solemn prayers for times of urgent need, but each day gives us opportunities for a heartfelt plea which is also prayer. We may pray to be kept from temptation, be strengthened in our weakness, be delivered from evil, and be spared suffering and misfortune. But we can and should also pray to say thanks and praise and extend the love we feel within. If you find yourself needing prayer for strength and courage – consider these listed articles.
Prayer for Strength and Courage for a Friend
1. Dear God, As I pray today, my heart is filled with a special kind of prayer. I am asking for strength and courage for a friend. Lift him up and give him strength beyond his own. Guide him in times of despair and weakness.
2. Dear Lord, Hear my prayer and help me through this difficult time. I’m trying to be strong and brave for my friend Samantha. Please give her the strength and courage to fight her illness. Give her the will to survive and the hope to make it through this difficult time in her life. Give us all faith and help us all believe you will triumph over this terrible disease. Amen.
3. Dear Father, I ask that you surround my friend (insert name here) with your strong arms of love, peace, and eternal salvation. Give him the strength and courage to accomplish his goals, dreams, and aspirations. Keep him safe from danger, sickness and pain. You are his God, his creator! Take care of him, guide him. May he be showered with your blessings of strength, courage, guidance, and love. May he be relieved of all worry and stress. Thank you for everything you
4. God, please send your holy protection to my dear friend. She has been having a tough time lately and I ask you to guide her through these hard times. Help her to overcome this day and come out of this stronger. Please show her that she is loved and that she does not need to be alone. Let her see that there are people who care for her and want to help. Give her strength, courage, wisdom, love, peace, faith, humility, patience, and hope to get sail through.
5. I love you for being there for me, not just today but always. I pray that you have the strength and courage to overcome your problems. That you continue to be happy and fulfilled. And that above all you know how much you are loved. I hope that as bad as things may seem now as you move through this trial in your life that it will bring you closer to God and help you find the strength to carry on.
6. I pray that you find a way to forgive, to love, and to move on. I pray that the days ahead are filled with inner peace and spiritual contentment. I pray for you to be strong, courageous, and whole again.
7. I am sending you lots of hugs and love and positive thoughts. Whatever happens, know that I am always here for you no matter what. You are strong and you can get through this… I love you!
8. Dear Lord, Please ease my friend’s pain and give him strength and courage. Please lead him to his true love and help us to be always together. Please help us in this time of need and may we be able to share in the joy and happiness of this world forever and ever! I pray that you will send your angels from above to watch over him, protect him from the horrors of the world. Guide him into a life of happiness and peace. In Your Name, Amen.”
9. I love you. I understand that things can get hard and that you will be tested. But I’m there for you and we will get through this together. I pray for strength and courage for you so that who ever is hurting you, also gets hurt. And I pray that in the end all will be well and we’ll be happy and free from pain and grief
10. Dear Lord, please watch over my friend as she deals with the pain and suffering of illness. Please help her as she goes through this painful time in her life. Give her strength and courage for this hard journey. Amen
11. I feel lost without you, my best friend. I know you are going to beat this. Please stay strong. Please don’t give up, not when your Mom and I love you so much! I want to be the one that brings a smile to your face. You have been in my thoughts every second of every day… please fight to come back.” ♥ ♥ ♥
12. Lord, please send your Holy Spirit to help me. I love her so much she is my best friend. She means the world to me and she just found out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with one of her best friends, I can’t watch her hurt anymore. Please guide her in the right direction. Let her see you can heal emotional scars left by others.
13. I pray that you find peace in times of stress, comfort in times of sorrow, and strength to carry on in times of despair. May you experience the joys of friendship, love, and hope. May these arms protect you when the world around you is dark.
14. May you be blessed with the strength and courage to face each new day. May your heart be open to all that it holds for you, and may love fill your world.
Prayers for a Friend in Need of Strength
15. As you face the challenges, sorrows, and tests of life I wish you strength and comfort. As trials fall upon you I wish you courage and integrity. When darkness clouds your dreams, I wish for hope and light. When you feel alone in this world, I wish for your best friends beside you.
16. I am sending up all my love and prayers for you. You are strong, I am strong, we can get through this together. Know that I love you SO much! Hang in there, dear friend!
17. I have been thinking of you all morning. Sending prayers from the bottom of my heart. I am so here for you, whenever you need a friend to listen, a shoulder to cry on, a hug, a touch. I will be there for you. Love
18. I am so glad to have you in my life. There are many reasons why I love you, but if I have to tell you one then it has to be because of your heart. It is so pure, so kind, so giving that I can’t help but love you more each day. Everyone needs a friend like you, someone they can count on when times get tough. If you ever need me, I’ll be there for you in a heartbeat. All my love
19. I pray for you to get better, I pray that your will to live will never falter. I pray that your courage will bring you through any illness or trial. I know it’s hard but please do not give up. You are loved by so many people all over the world. Know that God has not forgotten about you. He is with you, holding your hand through this ordeal. Never let go of His hand.
20. Dear Lord, I’m asking you for guidance and help as my friend faces his greatest trial. Show him the light and comfort he needs to make it through this difficult time. Lead him in the right direction and give him the strength to overcome his problems. Help us to walk together and undertake this journey we will be facing. Thank you for all that you do and the blessings that you send. Help us to look up and to realize that we can accomplish anything that we set our minds to.
21. Dear Lord, please keep my friend safe on her trip. Guard her against danger and comfort her with the knowledge that You are always with her. Please help her feel Your love, reach out to others who may need it, and use this time to refocus on what’s important in life. Comfort my friend, give her strength. And I pray all of these things in Lord name, Amen.
22. If our friendship is made by the hands of God, then surely he has given us angels to watch over us. For you are one of them, and I hope that someday I will be too. I pray that you find strength through all this imperfection that surrounds your life. May your pain turn into joy, and may your sorrows fade away with time.
23. My friend, I just wanted you to know that I am here for you if you ever needed to talk or just need someone to listen. You are strong and brave and I just want you to know that you are not alone. God loves you so much and is with you.
24. I know it’s been a rough time for you. I see you going through a lot and I don’t know what to do to take the pain away. I guess all I can do is pray because words seem so small when it comes to matters of the heart. I love you so dearly and I will continue to pray for you.
25. A heart so fragile, a soul so broken. A fearless warrior giving up the fight. I pray that you can find it within yourself to not give up hope. That somehow, someway, you will have the strength to pull through this difficult time in your life. Have no fear as I am with you, for I never leave those who know me as their friend. Take heart as your journey is just beginning and we shall keep the light burning bright throughout all eternity.
26. I pray for you every day and think about you often. I know we don’t talk much, but know that I love and care for you. Things will get better and I am here for you in any way needed.
27. I am sending up prayers that you will find the strength to overcome this trial and that you find happiness with those ever so ever afters. You are such a lovely friend and deserve love and good things to come your way. Send lots of love and strength back, for it is truly needed!
28. There are many nights that I have cried myself to sleep wishing I could somehow take your pain away. You are the sweetest person, always there for me no matter how tough things get. I pray that God will bless you with the strength you need to handle everything at once. Know that the love of your family is behind you all the way.
29. I cannot tell you what a comfort it is to me to know that even though my heart is at a loss, God is working it all out for good. He has been with me through dark times before and now I trust that he will carry me again. Even though I am confused and barely recognize the path that I am on, I know if anyone can see me through this and bring good from it, it’s God. To Him alone be all glory and praise! Only He can
30. I pray that God will wrap his arms around you and hold you up. I pray that he will comfort, protect and heal you. I support you 100 percent no matter what the outcome is. You are one of my best friends and I love you more than anything.
31. I know you have been going through a difficult time lately, and I see the pain in your face. I know you feel alone, but I want to remind you that you’re never alone. We all have people that care for us, that miss us even when we don’t deserve it. You have a great heart and have done so much good for others. In this moment I just want to take away the pain, just for one second. The pain never goes away,
32. I’m sending my prayers to you this afternoon. I hope that you can feel them even if just a little. I want you to know that you are not alone in this world. You always have me, and I will never leave your side. Believe in yourself. Believe in our friendship 🙂
33. I will keep my prayers for you going, I am so sorry that all of this is going on. I am glad that you have a support network of family and friends to help you get through all this, and remember that we are here for you as well. I am just a short email away.
Prayer for Encouragement and Strength for a Friend
34. God, you know all the trials and tribulations my friend is going through. Your love is so great. Thank you for not ignoring my prayers. Give her strength to get by each day. Keep her mind focused on you and never give up no matter how dark things get. I love her so much and want nothing more than for her to find all that your love has in store for her.
35. Oh Lord, surround our friend with your healing grace. Bring him peace at night, bring him love in the morning. Show him your mercy and find him rest, give him the courage to face the mountains of life. Bring him joy that is always new. Bring him the peace that is always true. Bring him to hope that he can’t let go. Bring him faith that he will see through anything at all. Please stand beside our friend today…
36. As you go through this struggle, I pray that you have the strength to hold on and the courage to let go. I pray that your heart will heal after it breaks and that you have a friend who is there through it all. I pray for a friend who is always encouraging, a friend who is more than a shoulder to cry on. A friend who gives good advice, a friend who is not afraid to tell you what you need to hear even if it hurts for a moment.
37. There are times in life when you feel so lost, so broken, so alone. You are not alone. I am here for you always. I will stay by your side and help you every step of the way. If you need prayer or need to talk, please let me know and we can go from there. I love you and care about you more than words could ever express. Stay strong! And know that I am here for you no matter what!
38. Dear God, I’m so tired. Tired of this fire in my chest, I desire a deep soul connection with a friend. I want to laugh and cry with someone who truly understands me. I long to have a soul mate that cares for me slowly and unconditionally. I pray that you show me whom you have picked out for me.
39. Thank you for being my friend all these years. You have been a supportive and reliable friend. You have seen me through some very hard times and were always there for me. If I was ever down, you were there to cheer me up with a smile. When I was happy, your words of encouragement lifted me higher. You have been there for so many special occasions to celebrate with me, from graduation to wedding showers for my daughters. There is nothing more important than having a good friend like yourself
40. Dear Lord, please help my friend to feel your love today. Help them know your peace and forget the troubles of life. Help them to forgive everyone who has hurt them. Give them hope for a happy day, and help them to feel joy again. Amen
41. God, I pray that you would bless and protect my friend. Please give her the desire and opportunity to discover what you have planned for her life. Give her the courage to take the next step towards living out your purpose for her. Help me as well as others who know and love her as I pray as one united voice for this tremendous blessing.
42. My dear friend, your life is full of adventure. You are courageous, bold, and strong. I ask God to soften your heart for His living wisdom to be revealed in all you do. I pray that He would protect you from dangers physical and emotional. I ask that He would continue to give you the passion and energy you need to complete all the projects you start. I pray that God will give you a spirit of generosity and forgiveness. Please know that you are not alone and there is light at the end of the tunnel.
43. Dear, Please let my friends know that they are loved and cared for. Give them the strength to deal with the struggles they face, give them the courage to keep going even when things get tough. Give them a smile when times get gloomy and make their hearts feel light once again. In Your Name, I pray, Amen.
44. Our Heavenly Father, I lift up my friend before you this day. I pray that you would remove all obstacles that keep my friend from your Sacred Heart. Let my friend draw closer to Christ and allow my voice to be his voice, encouraging him on his journey of faith. I pray that he continues to grow in faith and grow in friendship with others my age who will remain close to the Lord.
45. I just want you to know that I am here for you. I love you so much, and I am thinking about you. There is no one else in the world I would rather be with than you. Just know that everything is going to be okay and that God will take care of us all. I’m praying for the best, but preparing for the worst, but at least I know that no matter what happens, it can’t break our friendship or tear us apart
46. I give you take refuge in the Lord, or strength in these hard times. I was there for you at the hospital, even when things got rough. You’ve always been there for me when life was tough, to listen and comfort me when I needed it. I may not know what is to come in the future for us, but I will always be your friend no matter what. I love you and care for you deeply
47. My prayer for you is that you will continue to be surrounded by everything good. God bless you and protect you. Give you peace, love, support, and happiness.Related:
- Godly Message For Girlfriend To Make Her Day
- Healing Miracle Prayer To Send To Loved Ones
- Prayer For Inspiration To Your Family And Friends
- End of the Day Prayer for yourself to keep going
- Prayer For My Mom In Hospital To Get Well Soon
- Prayers for the Loss of a Father
- Good Morning Prayer Messages for a Friend