Life can be challenging, and when bad things happen or day after day is stressful, it’s easy to lose hope. Nighttime is a time to reflect and reconnect with God. We thank Him for what we’ve seen and heard during the day, and we ask His forgiveness for the things we did or said that displeased Him.
The end of the day is coming, but before you start to wind down, don’t forget to pray. It does not take too much time, but you will feel whole again. As you finish up your day, here are a few things to pray about.
Take a moment to pray. Send your thanks up to God for all you’ve accomplished. Thank him for this day and his presence in your life. It takes only 30 seconds, but it will greatly improve your outlook on life.
End of the Day Prayer
1. As the day ends, I thank God for the wonderful day He sent me. I pray for strength to face tomorrow. I remember all the things that He has done for me, every time you made me smile, every time you helped me through a tough time, every time you reassured me of your love. As another day ends I close my eyes saying goodnight with a kiss…
2. Dear Lord, I leave you today with a big smile on my face. A lot has happened this day. You are still alive and are working. You are guiding people through dreams, love letters, songs, hugs, kisses and thousands of other ways. Please bless all those who were not especially blessed today. They are still alive too but do not know you yet. Please change the hearts of those who will only harm each other instead of helping each other live life to the fullest.
3. I pray for you to have a happy, joyous day. I pray that you will wake up to a smile on your face and a warm heart. I pray that your day is nothing but enjoyable and you find all the joy your little heart desires.
4. God, it has been a long and fruitful day. I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for blessing me with another year. I have been blessed with so much love from my friends and family, as well as many opportunities to succeed. So many times today I was grateful for everything you had given me. Just as I was about to leave work, a friend gave me a hand-crafted card that brought tears to my eyes and reminded me how much he cares.
5. When you are mourning do not look back on the past. Be thankful for what companies of your life companies of joy. You are still blessed with these great miracles. If you are grieving over the dead, they are at peace now. Do not grieve over the dead, for their bodies are dust, and their spirit is with God.
6. I thank You for this day. I am grateful that You have blessed me with a wonderful family and a beautiful wife. Let all things I’ve seen and done today bring me pleasure and peace. Thank you for the sunshine, the rain, and everything in between. Help me to live my life to the fullest so that I may come closer to Your Divine Will every day of my life. Amen.
7. Dear God, please protect and keep my loved ones safe and guide them to be kind, patient, and respectful. I thank you for this day and for the chance to love and be loved. Please bless us with good health and endless days together. I ask that they know all is at peace with me when they go to sleep tonight. In the name of Jesus, my savior, and Lord.”
8. Dear Lord, please keep my sweetheart safe for me. I let go of her hand today and felt a great pain in my chest. Please help my hands to touch her again and to know that she’s by my side. Grant me the peace and the comfort to know that she’s ok without asking her. Thank you for blessing our love with another day together. In every challenge, you provide us with strength, endurance, patience, and love from one another.
9. Thank you for getting me through my day. Thank you for helping me make it through most of what I had to face. Thank you for your laughter, thank you for your hugs, and thank you for holding me when I needed it the most. You are a blessing in my life that I don’t take for granted. Let tonight end on a good note and let tomorrow be a great day, full of many more blessings to come.
10. Thanks for today God, I just want to thank you for all of the blessings that you’ve brought into my life. Everything is so perfect right now. You’ve played a big part in that. I just want to say thank you and say that I love you.
11. Today, I give you thanks for being my boyfriend. I will forever treasure our time together. I feel so lucky that God brought us together and that our love grew into such a strong bond to last a lifetime.
12. Throughout the day, I’ve had this pain I can’t explain. It hurts so much. It feels like something is missing like someone is gone. But you are here beside me and that’s all that matters because I need your warmth next to me to keep me safe through any storm. You are by far the best thing that has happened to me and I would never let you go no matter how dark the night may seem.
13. Dear God, My day went by so fast. Didn’t have time to say hi. How are you? Thanks for everything. I’m at peace even though you didn’t give me the promotion again. I know You have a plan for me that’s greater than I can imagine. Are my kids okay at school? My wife, don’t worry about the burnt dinner – everyone makes mistakes! Hope the family in Michigan is doing good with no snow in December.
14. Dear God. Thank you for today. It went quickly but it was amazing. I am thankful for all my family and friends who make me happy. Especially my family here with me now, I love you all very much. God, thank you for the health and happiness in my life. Let these things continue in my life always. Thank you for all the amazing things you have brought into my life this year so far. Thank You, Lord, for all these things and so many more!
15. I thank you for today, and all that I have to be thankful for. I thank you for the joy that my new puppy has brought into my life. I thank you for all the love in my life, and also for all the new friends you’ve blessed me with. Please bless others around me, and build them up too. Please give me strength and courage today, and give me the wisdom and guidance to help others.
16. I pray that you will find peace within yourself tonight. I’ve made the decision to go to bed without you, but it doesn’t feel right. You are what I need, you are everything I want. My heart is empty without yours.
17. When I needed you most, you were there. When I lacked love, you gave it to me. When my heart was broken, you fixed it. When I was weak, you strengthened me. When I was lost, you found me. When I was confused, you made things clear. When I needed a friend, you were there by my side. And now that it is time for bed…I say goodnight with all my heart!
18. I hope you know how much I love you. From the moment I met you, my life has become happier and more fulfilling. You are kind, generous, caring, loving, and beautiful! I tell you constantly that I love you but it’s not enough. I will continue to every day of my life.
Prayer for the End of the Day
19. I end my day with a prayer for you. I pray for your happiness and your everlasting life. I pray you to know how loved you are and that you never feel lonely or sad. You are my one and only, a gift from above. Thank god for giving me love like you.
20. I pray that I may always cherish my Sweetie, even when the day is done. To have you by my side at dawn is sure to please me more than any other person could. My love for you keeps getting stronger every day.
21. As the sun sets I want you to know how truly grateful I am. Today has been hard, but together we have made it through. You are one of a kind and I am so lucky that God put an angel in my life. My night is empty without you in my arms, but I know that this too shall pass, and tomorrow I will once again be able to see your soulful eyes gazing back at me with the same love you have for me.
22. Dear Lord, thank you for this day and all the wonderful things you have done for me. Please bless me with a safe way home from work and deliver me from any danger I may encounter tonight. I ask you to touch the hearts of those who read this prayer. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
23. Each night before I go to sleep, I take a few moments to thank the Lord for all my blessings. I pray for family, friends, and a Love that is deeper than the surface.
24. This day is ending and I am so thankful for it. The day was filled with laughs, smiles, and the perfect love I have always longed for. Now as I look into your eyes all I can see is love and I am taken aback by my luck at finding such a beautiful soul. You are my sweet prince and I want you to know that I can’t wait to spend all of our days together.
25. I pray that you are cared for, loved, protected, and kept safe. I pray that angels watch over you when you are sleeping, that the stars always light your way, and that the moon always guides your path through the night.
26. Dear Lord, thank you for the day that has passed. Thank you for giving me another day with my family and friends. Please watch over us today and protect us, especially when I’m not there. Let this day pass safely by your will. Amen!
27. I pray for you as you go to sleep tonight. Let the day’s worries and stress drift away. I pray our angels to watch over you as you sleep, protect you from all harm, let you dream of me, and fill your heart with love. As you lay down to sleep, I intercede for you to be surrounded with love and comfort, a joy to replace sadness.
28. God, thank you for today. Thank you for the gift of life and for my gift. I am forever grateful. Thank you for the gift of love and new beginnings. Thank you for bringing me to him; he makes me feel safe, happy, and whole. Guide us as we learn to love each other and cherish our time together. And God, please let it be a long time before we have to say goodbye again!
29. I pray that you and I both make it through our days and at the end we can hold each other and look to see if we’ve made a difference in the lives of others. I pray our kids aren’t spoiled and we can pass on values we’ve learned from you and Mom. I pray that we always show our love for each other by doing little things like making lunch or cleaning up without asking why or picking up our clothes off the floor.
30. God, I pray that I will always worry less about the days ahead and focus on the present instead. I seek Your guidance and comfort every day, but especially before going to sleep at night. Help me remember that You promised that if we love You and each other then we have nothing to worry about! In Jesus’s name, Amen.
31. The sun has set, the children are in bed. It’s time to wind down and say goodnight. We may have had our disagreements, but they are behind us now. I love you with all my heart, goodnight.
32. Lord, I pray that if it is your will to take me home today, that you give me the strength to hold your hand while I cross over into the light. Take care of my loved ones that are left behind, especially my wife and daughter. May they know how much I love them. Let them know I was happy until the end. And when the time comes may you fill their heart with joy because of our everlasting love!
33. Just one more prayer before I go to sleep. Let my wife and kids are safe and at peace tonight. Protect us from all the things that fear the light of day and guide me so that I may find my way through the darkness. Let me be a good husband, father, son, brother & friend. Help me to treat others as I would want to be treated. Show me what changes I need to make. I thank you for the beautiful world you have created.
34. I pray that when the day is over and the sun goes down, that you will lay in bed beside me. I pray for a man who can help me keep my feet on the ground and we can dream about tomorrow together. I pray for a man who I can trust to be faithful and stay true. Most of all, I need someone to share my life with and to love forever.
35. Thank you for this day. Thank you for my beautiful family, their love keeps me alive. Thank you for the life I’ve been given. I may not always know what I’m doing but I put my trust in You to guide me. Thank you for all your blessings, they are countless!
36. As the day comes to an end, I sit here with you. I watch you sleep and can’t help but think about how much I love watching your face as it lights up when you kiss me good morning. You are my whole world now. Being together is everything to us now. As we continue to grow old together, may we continue to be best friends and lovers. Every time I hear the little voice in the back of your head, reassuring you that you are worthy of love.
A Prayer for the End of the Day
37. I say a prayer for you at the end of each day, praying that God will guard you against all harm and guide you to your dreams. I constantly thank God for bringing us together, I’m so lucky to have found you. You are my heart, my soul–without you, life would be unbearable. I love you with every ounce of my being!
38. Tonight is the end of the day. The last day of another year. It has been a long one, the longest year I’ve experienced thus far. So many days turned into years since you left. A journey that started with happiness, excitement, joy, and laughter changed into sadness, sorrow, pain, and disappointment. Ten years ago today, you left me here to pick up the pieces without you by my side.
39. As the sun goes down and the day ends, I would like to take a moment to thank you… for coming into my life and giving me your love. I don’t know how it happened or why, but you have made everything better and brighter than ever before.
40. God, my day is almost over. I’m tired but I want to thank you for all you’ve done in my life. Today was difficult for me and I got through it because of your strength. My gratitude is boundless; especially for the gratitude, you showered upon me.
41. I pray that I fall asleep that night with you in my arms. It would please me knowing you are safe in my warm embrace. I know this is purely an impossibility, but if it’s not, I will take advantage of it until the day I die.
42. I pray for a happy and healthy day. I am thankful for your love and friendship and for putting up with me. I hope you know I would do anything for you because the truth is…you’re my world.
43. God, please let the day be over and done. Please quench my thirst for more. Please take away my thoughts on all things material. Allow me to become more patient and loving with each passing day.
44. As I lay down for bed knowing that soon I will be dreaming of you again, I hold you closer to me. The thought of you comforts me as the day draws to a close. I know that this may sound crazy but it felt like we never spent enough time together today and that’s something we need to change. As the day draws to a close and I know that soon we will be together again, I will wait with eager anticipation for your embrace and sweet kiss. Because
45. God, I thank you for all the laughter and love you bring into my life, and in return, I prayed for you to receive what you need. Thank you for helping me through this day and bless my family and friends. I ask that you help everyone find the sunshine in their life, to make them happy and give them love. I know things may be hard, but please let there be someone out there who will guide people in the right direction to make their dreams come true. Let there be a
46. Lord give us the confidence, the knowledge, and the trust in ourselves to face tomorrow. Help us forget about our problems for today and offer our worries, fears, and doubts to you. Forgive us for our doubts, for disbelief, impatience, or selfishness. Give us an understanding that all things happen for a reason. Help us to always be trusting in you.
47. My darling girl. I think about you every day. When I see you I have so filled with an overwhelming sensation of joy and love that my knees grow weak. Your hand in mine is all I need to always be happy. You are my dreams, come to life.
48. Dear Lord, I thank you for my beautiful family and friends, and I ask for your guidance as we walk this journey called life. Help me to remember to be thankful for all the good things in my life, from the simple moments to the grandiose ones. Lead me into a better day tomorrow as I walk your path, amen.
49. Lord, remember me at the end of the day. Remember the times I laughed wholeheartedly, love freely, and smiled warmly. Help me to remember the times I helped someone less fortunate. Remember the times I showed compassion for those in need. Remind me that I have lived another day, full of wonders. Lord, I pray to you to help me see another day, help me see it through your eyes, open my heart and mind for more ways to love.
50. For You, my God, there is no such thing as a beginning or an end. For You, eternity is now and forever; and all the days of our lives are but one day in Your sight. For You, Lord, make us glad and thankful for everything we’ve got – and give us the courage and the strength to shape our world according to Your will. For You, it’s never too late, and if we remember that… let us say with all our hearts.
51. The day is finally over. The light outside has dimmed enough to let me know the sun has set. The day has been filled with so much, so many details running through my mind, decisions made without thinking too long, words spoken with no thought of consequence, actions that were merely reactions. This day is finally over.
52. There is a certain peace that comes from falling asleep next to you. Your hand fits perfectly in mine. In the morning I awaken to the sun shining down on us and to your smile. You are an amazing soul that God must have spent a great deal of time creating…just for me! I love you with all my heart!
53. Lord, Thank you for this day. Thank you for the friends that were made, the places that were seen, the love that was felt. Help me to remember this day always. Lord, I love you.
54. I don’t want to go to sleep, because I want to be with you. I don’t want tomorrow to come, because I don’t want the day to end. I love you so much and I can’t wait to tell you all day tomorrow what you mean to me.
55. God grant me the grace to resist complaining about you and whining about my life. So often we forget the good things we have and we get too consumed with work and life, we forget we have a whole world here for us to enjoy.Related: